In Indiana, over 30,000 residents are diagnosed with cancer annually and 2 of every 5 people will eventually develop a form of cancer during their lifetime. On April 27, the ICC hosted our 2012 Annual Meeting entitled, “Hot Topics in Cancer Prevention and Control.” During the event, the Indiana Cancer Facts and Figures 2012—the state’s only comprehensive report on the burden of cancer- was unveiled. A collaborative effort of the ICC, the American Cancer Society Great Lakes Division, and the Indiana State Department of Health, this will mark the third edition of the burden report with previous publications released in 2003 and 2006.
The Indiana Cancer Facts and Figures 2012 includes the most up-to-date cancer information available and identifies current cancer trends and their potential impact on Indiana residents. This report significantly helps the ICC measure Indiana’s progress toward meeting the goals and objectives outlined in the Indiana Cancer Control Plan 2010–2014. The plan was created as a roadmap for comprehensive cancer control in six focus areas including primary prevention, early detection, treatment, quality of life, data access, and advocacy.
This publication is an exemplary application of collaboration in public health. We hope that the sharing of knowledge, resources, and expertise among the many participating organizations to produce this tool will inspire organizations across the state to tackle the cancer burden together.
Please help by sharing the report with colleagues and Indiana residents. Also, encourage professionals and advocates to utilize the data and strategies within the publication to both educate and lead for policy and behavioral changes that promote healthier lifestyles among Hoosiers.
- Indiana Cancer Facts and Figures 2012 (Low Resolution)
Indiana Cancer Facts and Figures 2012 Sections (High Resolution)
- Common Questions about Cancer
- Burden of Cancer on Indiana Counties—Tables and Maps
- Breast Cancer in Indiana
- Cervical Cancer in Indiana
- Childhood Cancer in Indiana
- Colon and Rectum Cancer in Indiana
- Lung Cancer in Indiana
- Melanoma and Skin Cancer in Indiana
- Prostate Cancer in Indiana
- Cancer Facts & Figures for African Americans
- Cancer Facts & Figures for Hispanics
- Major Cancer Sites Summary Information
- The Impact of Cancer in Indiana (INFOGRAPH)
- Individual Tables and Resources (Coming soon)