As of January 2022, policy changes were made regarding insurance coverage for follow-up colonoscopy, which became effective for plan years beginning on or after May 31, 2022. This rule change removes cost sharing for follow-up colonoscopies after a positive or abnormal result from a stool-based test. The hope is that this has a positive impact on an attempt to reduce costs for patients, removing a potential barrier to care and timely diagnosis, ultimately resulting in improved outcomes.
- Coverage for a Follow-Up Colonoscopy — Summary Guide for Insurance Companies and Clinics.
- Steps For Increasing Colorectal Cancer Screening Rates: A Manual For Primary Care Practices — Manual that provides evidence-based, expert-endorsed strategies to improve colorectal cancer screening rates in primary care practices.
- Coverage for a Follow-Up Colonoscopy — Summary Guide for Providers and Medical Offices.
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Change Package — Cancer Screening Change Packages are intended to support the delivery of cancer screening services that have received A or B recommendations from the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF).
- Increasing Access and Adherence to Cancer Screening and Prevention — The American Cancer Society and Color Health Announce Partnership Aimed at Increasing Access and Adherence to Cancer Screening and Prevention for U.S. Employers and Unions.
- Family Health History and Cancer — Information and resources that help patients understand the connection between family health history and cancer risk, including a new mobile health app called My Family Health Portrait: Cancer.